At Rahway Regional Cancer Center (RRCC) we recognize that the fight against cancer is a personal experience, but it’s not a battle the patient goes through alone. A diagnosis may be delivered to an individual, but the healing process is one that also affects their caregivers.
According to the American Cancer Society, family-focused caregivers spend an average of 32.9 hours per-week assisting their loved ones with cancer treatment-related support.
It’s with that sentiment in mind that the RRCC team strives to not only restore the quality of our patients’ lives, but the lives of those who love them.
As well as treating your loved one, RRCC also has your care in mind, which is why we offer a variety of programs and support services to help aid the caregiver’s process.
Our programs and services include:
- Physical and emotional comfort through RRCC’s monthly in-house support group sessions for cancer patients and survivors, and their caregivers.
- Community engagement opportunities like the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life.
- Communication and coordination of care with our certified staff
- Shared decision making efforts and personalized treatment planning
- Financial advocacy counseling with our in-house insurance professional
Additionally, Dr. Karp is available to meet with patient’s caregivers to field questions and provide information about how to properly support a loved one throughout their cancer treatment. To schedule an appointment, please call our center at 732.382.5550
To further assist caregivers, we have compiled a list of links and resources that answer common questions and discuss some of the largest challenges caregivers will face.